Cyber Capabilities Developer
Federal Civil Service - U.S. Army (non-military)
Ft. Gordon, GA; Ft. Meade, MD; San Antonio, TX
Specific Job Description
Become a member of the newly forming elite U.S. Army 780th Military Intelligence (Cyber) Brigade charged with maintaining U.S. military freedom of action in cyberspace while denying the same to adversaries. Capabilities Developers conduct highly specialized research and analyses of current and emerging malicious software threats to develop, test, and field countermeasures and advanced cyber technologies that enable the US military to retain competitive advantage in cyberspace. Capabilities Developers translate functional and operational requirements to reverse engineer malware or develop custom hardware and software, write code, and assist in training and deployment of advanced capabilities by cyber operators.
You will be working at the forefront of our nation's growing and urgent need for cyber talent. Be a part of history in a stable federal (non-military) government working environment, with competitive pay and benefits.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics. Other degrees with strong computer technology curriculum may be considered.
- Expertise in physical computer components and architectures, including functions of various components and peripherals, assembly codes, underlying networking protocols, security hardware, and software.
- Programming and development experience in assembly, compiled, and interpreted languages.
- Ability to write kernel level applications and apply secure coding techniques.
- Experience with low and high-level assemblers such as ACK, FASM, GAS, JWASM, Yasm.
- Ability to design, develop, and test application software on Windows, Linux, UNIX, or other platforms.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of reverse engineering and penetration testing techniques and toolsets.
- Knowledge of embedded systems, board support packages, bootloader development.
- Proficiency with command line interface.
- Experience with VPN and encryption such as PGP, , AES, RSA, PKI.
- Experience with toolsets such as Wireshark, Metasploit, BackTrack, tcdump, NMap, Nessus, Snort, BeEF, IDA Pro, OllyDbg.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, process control, advanced routing, wireless, telecom and datacom platforms.
- Experience programming in C, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, SQL.
- Certifications such as CEH, LPT, GXPN, GPEN, GREM CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, RHCE, CompTIA.