Interactive On-Net Operator
Federal Civil Service - U.S. Army (non-military)
Ft. Gordon, GA; Schofield Barracks, HI; Ft. Meade, MD; San Antonio, TX
Specific Job Description
Become a member of the newly forming elite U.S. Army 780th Military Intelligence (Cyber) Brigade charged with maintaining U.S. military freedom of action in cyberspace while denying the same to adversaries. As an Interactive On-Net Operator for the Cyber Brigade team, you will conduct network reconnaissance and vulnerability analyses to map networks, identify strong points, vulnerabilities among network segments, and develop plans and strategies for the application of cyber capabilities. Using in-depth technical expertise in network architectures and protocols, computer components and peripherals, programming concepts and languages and assembly codes, Interactive Operators develop exploitation opportunities and maintain situational awareness of ongoing network operations. Interactive On-Net Operators participate in planning and executing cyber Red Team activities as well as support the research, development and fielding of advanced cyberspace technologies.
You will be working at the forefront of our nation's growing and urgent need for cyber talent. Be a part of history in a stable federal (non-military) government working environment, with competitive pay and benefits.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Other degrees with strong computer technology curriculum may be considered.
- Expert knowledge of physical computer components and architectures, including the functions of various components and peripherals, basic programming concepts, assembly codes, TCP/IP, OSI models, underlying networking protocols, security hardware and software.
- Proficiency in writing, editing, executing scripts on Windows, Linux, Unix systems.
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of penetration testing techniques and tools.
- Experience with toolsets such as Wireshark, Metasploit, BackTrack, tcdump, NMap, Nessus, Snort, BeEF, IDA Pro, OllyDbg.
- Experience programming in assembly, compiled, and interpreted languages.
- Proficiency with command line interface.
- Experience with encryption and decryption such as PGP, DES, AES, RSA, PKI.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, process control, advanced routing, wireless, telecom and datacom platforms.
- Experience programming in C, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, SQL.
- Certifications such as CEH, LPT, GXPN, GPEN, GREM CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, RHCE, CompTIA.